MIL-SAT News & Updates
MIL-SAT March 2017
Happy Crew on USNS Salvor T-ARS-52 with American TV shows seen from anywhere in the world on
#seaTel Direct To Sailor satellite TV system.
Click the picture to see the twitter post.
MIL-SAT at Satellite 2017
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C
- Booth 2315
- March 7-9 2017
Contact Don Richardson firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a private room meeting at the conference.
We expect heavy crowds, make a reservation to avoid waiting.
Free tickets to the Satellite 2017 Conference
By using this registration link, MIL-SAT guests will receive Exhibit Hall Plus Passes for FREE and deeper discounts on All-Access and One-Day registrations during the Advance Registration Period.
To see the MIL-SAT Global Communications microsite, visit the link below:
Satnews Publishers: Daily Satellite News
- Sea Tel Antenna For exact View-9 AIS Satellite Deployed Successfully By MIL-SAT Global Communications
- [Satnews] MIL-SAT Global Communications announces the successful deployment of Cobham SATCOM (Sea Tel) new 4300 Tracker LEO/MEO tracking antenna for use with exactEarth’s recently launched exactView-9 AIS satellite.
Installed on a steep hilltop with limited access at Cerro Sosa Communication near the Panama Canal, MIL-SAT completed the antenna installation in 8 days without benefit of a crane or fork lift. Lynn Oldham, MIL-SAT’s Director of Operations said that “On time, under budget and right the first time, doesn’t happen by accident.”
The Cobham SATCOM (Sea Tel) 4300 Tracker antenna installed in Panama, was installed utilizing a standard commercial concrete pad, at significant cost savings over traditional tracking antenna high precision foundation requirements. Housed inside a tuned low loss radome, the 4300 Tracker antenna can remain fully operational in winds up to 155 MPH. The 3 axis balanced system utilizes an RF system designed specifically for exactEarth’s unique satellite application with fully integrated tracking capability.
Twenty-five year SATCOM veteran, Wes Schenck, SATCOM (Sea Tel) Technical Sales Manager, said, “The 4300 Tracker antenna is the latest addition to our new advanced antenna product line. The system was literally brought on line the same day that the AIS EV-9 satellite was launched and due to the built in tracking capability we were able to receive signals from the satellite before accurate TLE data was available.”
- The LEO/MEO Tracker series antennas, supporting L- to Ka-band tracking, is designed and built at the Cobham SATCOM (Sea Tel) factory in Concord, California, which has been manufacturing affordable, high quality tracking antenna systems for over 30 years.
exactEarth launched its advanced AIS satellite, exactView-9 (EV9) on September 28, 2015, to complement the existing polar orbiting satellites of its constellation. EV9 orbits around the equator every 97 minutes providing expanded and detailed coverage to the busy tropical shipping regions of the world. The performance of the new 4300 Tracker LEO/MEO tracking antenna provided by MIL-SAT, plays a pivotal role in enabling exactEarth to rapidly provide data to it’s global customers.
“We are very pleased with the capability and flexibility of MIL-SAT to work with us on this installation and bringing it in on time, on budget. In addition, the Sea Tel 4300 antenna has enabled exactEarth to change the economics of its ground station operations without compromising performance,” said Philip L. Miller, exactEarth’s VP of Engineering and Operations.
MIL-SAT is a woman owned global communications company based in Surry, Virginia. MIL-SAT specializes in the design, installation and support of advanced LEO, MEO and telemetry tracking antenna systems used in a variety of SAR, AIS, and DOD applications.
- DTS MS6011-4 DTS Antenna Support Document has been updated and can be uploaded here.
- NAVY USS Nitze DDG-94 installs cost effective AFRTS SatNet Satellite TV system provided by MIL-SAT.
- MIL-SAT installs 2.4 Meter MEO Tracking Antennas at Goddard Space Flight Center to support NASA Search and Rescue (SAR) operations.
- MIL-SAT conducts rooftop installation of 2.4 Meter MEO Search and Rescue (SAR) tracking Ground Station Relay Antennas in Argentina
- MIL-SAT provides US Navy JHSV-3 with Global Direct to Sailor (DTS) TV System.
- MIL-SAT expands exactEarth global AIS network with a new 4.3M LEO Tracking antenna in Panama
- New MIL-SAT Web site is launched 1/29/2015
- Welcome aboard Jay Taylor. Jay joins the MIL-SAT team as Senior Field Engineer, headquartered in Va Beach VA.
- Congratulations Rob Lamphire. Rob is promoted to Executive Vice President, headquartered in Williamsburg VA.
Recent MIL-SAT Contract Awards:
- Exact Earth awards MIL-SAT multiple contracts valued over $2M to provide AIS Satellite Ground Stations at various locations around the world.
- US Navy awards MIL-SAT a $11.9M contract to provide SeaTel marine stabilized satellite communication terminals to the fleet.
Contract # N63394-11-D-5054
- Techno Sciences awards MIL-SAT multiple contracts valued over $2M to provide multiple NOAA Search and Rescue Satellite Ground Stations (SARSAT) LEO Tracking systems and installation services.
- Cruise Line industry awards MIL-SAT $1.5M in on going projects to provide and support SeaTel satellite equipment.